Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stepping out

"Stepping out" 7.5" x 7.5"
Well and step out we did to the voting booths across
America. Thought this red, white and blue rooster was
appropriate a day after electing a new president. Big happenings
across our nation. I'm trying to get back into the swing of painting.
I am looking at redoing my palette and scraping off dried bits
and reinvigorating the colors. Sometimes when the colors have
been spritzed, rewetted, dried and reworked over and over, they
start to look a bit tired and that can translate to your painting.
So with fresh, juicy colors I can tackle some fresh and juicy
paintings...hopefully!

2 comments:

Karen Hargett said...

I love this rooster! I love roosters of all kinds - this one is great. You can really tell he is struttin his stuff!

A Brush with Color said...

Your rooster series always fascinates me--each is so unique and beautiful.