Friday, January 30, 2009

Bountiful Basket

"Bountiful Basket"
We'll head into the weekend with thoughts of spring blooms.
I painted this also many moons ago...I like the way the blossoms
morph into eachother..that way you create volume without over
thinking each individual flower. Fusing the picture plane. If I had
painted each stem separately it would have looked very stiff. It's okay
to have things touch and overlap...that's the beauty of watercolor, the
fluidity and the "kissing" of neighboring pigments!

4 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

Lovely way you described this, both visually and verbally. Have a great weekend.

laura said...

I love your daffodils, and the lovely way you allow the colors and shapes to mix. (Thanks for reminding me of the Willis book, which I have--have to pull it down and browse.)

Edward Burton said...

Very beautiful! Great job!

Lovethiscottage.blogspot.com said...

Just the way I always want to paint...before the aliens take over my brain and my hand and fussy detail it to death...