Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring greetings

"Winter view" 15" x 22"
On this the first day of spring I will post an image of winter as we
knew it this year...that's not to say that it can't look like this again
in the next few weeks...Heavy spring snow is not unheard of
in these parts, but it's good to focus on another season for a while.
This painting is one of the few winter landscapes I've ever done.
I worked from a photograph that I took from the passenger side
of the car as we were travelling south! I guess the new cameras
leave out the fact that you are going 50 miles an hour!

4 comments:

theresamillerwatercolors said...

so beautiful!

Nina Jørgensen said...

Your work is beautiful!

Art with Liz said...

Oh more snow and I thought I'd left that behind. What a fabulous painting! And I'm glad I won't see snow again for the next 20 years or so, just love looking at it through beautiful paintings like yours.

Mary Paquet said...

Beautifully done, Annalein!

My son son Jeff, in North Danville, tells me that he's beginning to see some of the yard and the garden. He's already thinking about the root vegetables that he wants to plant.