Monday, June 29, 2009

The Yellow house

Since this week is ending with a holiday...I found the one and
only painting I've ever done with the U.S. flag in it! I did some
sketches last year in my journal of a flapping flag and maybe
I'll photograph and post those some other time. You can also
see from the photo that I clip my paper to a board and I'll
stretch it and re-clip as the paper gets wet with pigment. I tried
my hand at soaking the paper and stapling/taping it to a board, but
that's fairly labor intensive...plus with the rain and humidity it takes
forever and a day for it to dry!

5 comments:

Karen Hargett said...

I love this - yellow houses always make me smile and to see the flag - even more. This has a very "home town" feeling. Thanks for sharing.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

This is very very pretty and very summer!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

I am delighted to have found your blog. I love the freshness of your watercolor paintings. Especially the yellow house. Your work is outstanding.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I just love the yellow house, and the windows in particular. This painting makes me want to go in to the house and see whats inside, and who lives there. Great work!cothin

sue said...

Very appropriate and what a lovely flag it is! Love it!