Friday, June 25, 2010

"Hot footin'"

Have a great weekend everyone! This guy is ready to step out and have himself a good time. Winsor Violet for the purple glow of his feathers and then dropping in clean water to get those lighter blooms. The green of the background is working yellows and blues together and letting them blend on the paper. Ultra blue, Perm. Yellow Lemon, Prussian, Cad. Yellow lt. Quin. Gold. Working them in layers and letting areas dry in between, adding more water and pigment and doing it all again to get that burnished look.

7 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Beautiful Annelein, thanks for sharing (the rooster and the palette!)

sue said...

I love your roosters--I'll probably always associate you with a rooster whenever I them!

Anonymous said...

I love your work - and I love the painting tips!!! I'm curious about what size these paintings are? Thanks for being out there!

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

He's a beauty! Thank you for explaining the way you achieved the background colors.

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

Meera Rao said...

another beautiful rooster!

Unknown said...

Annelein, so happy you are blogging! Maybe I'll see you again this summer at the Holbein workshops. Been painting more all the time, and loving the Princeton Neptune brushes. I love your work, and the veils of color concept. Nice big-boy rooster!
Thanks, Ann